Currys PC World sent me some cocktail recipes today to showcase the small appliances range. Currys has been working with founder of the London Cocktail Club JJ Goodman. These cocktail recipes can easily be made at home using gadgets such as the NutriBullet Original, Nutri Ninja and the Waring Soup Maker. In light of tomorrow’s Force Friday (when the Star Wars products go on sale at the Disney Store from midnight) and the fact that we are only weeks way from the Rugby World Cup starting, I’ve picked my favourite two cocktails from JJ’s recipes. I’ll be trying these out at the weekend!
THE RUGBY HONEY
In the lead up to the Rugby World Cup, and to celebrate a summer of sport, this clever beer-like substitute is perfect for the sporty sisters out there looking for something a bit punchier than a pint.
20ml dark honey
200ml apple Juice
1 egg white
1 dash of bitters
1. Add all ingredients to blender with crushed ice
2. Blitz for 30 seconds or until all the honey has blended into the drink
3. Serve in a miniature tankard glass
ICED DEATH STAR
Keep your head cool in the lead up to the hotly-anticipated Star Wars: The Force Awakens film due out later this year by indulging in an icy coffee cocktail worthy of Skywalker himself.
50ml dark rum
2 teaspoons instant hot chocolate powder
2 teaspoons instant coffee
50ml sweetened almond milk
5 ice cubes
1. Add all ingredients to blender and blitz for 2 minutes or until all powder residue has disappeared.
2. Serve long, in a piccadilly glass over ice.
3. Garnish with coffee beans, a stick of dark chocolate, and a red straw.
For more information on the range visit www.currys.co.uk/mixology.